Photograph courtesy of Jake Simkin
The ultimate aim of the Malaria Centre is to make a significant contribution to international efforts to reduce the burden of malaria by influencing global practice and policy with high quality, relevant research.
The objective of the Malaria Centre is to foster collaboration both within LSHTM and externally by building on the individual strengths of research groups and integrating research across various disciplines from basic science to applied research.
We do this by:
- Encouraging the development of links between malaria researchers of different disciplines based at LSHTM
- Facilitating the development of links and collaboration between researchers in and external to the LSHTM particularly colleagues working in malaria endemic areas
- Disseminating research findings and promoting malaria R&D globally
- Coordinating malaria teaching at LSHTM
- Contributing to global efforts to control malaria infection